First Taekwondo offer classes in Taekwondo, self-defense and fitness. It is our experience that parents are seeking structured activities for their children to participate in after school and on the weekends. Taekwondo offers a physical release for the children as well as teaches them discipline and respect, which parents can’t find in many other extra-curricular activities.
For the adults, Taekwondo is excellent exercise and a stress reliever. It also brings some peace of mind to women in particular in this violent world we live in, teaching them self-defense and assuredness that they can protect themselves.
First Taekwondo has arranged special programs targeted to the individuals’ age and/or training needs. In order for each student to have the best experience, specific programs will be offered throughout the week.
Little Warriors: Ages 5-7 years
- Activities that encourage basic physical skills like:
- Coordination, balance and following directions
- Skills that develop major muscle groups
- Firm discipline through consistent enforcement of clearly defined rules
- Encourage effort and cooperation more than results
Junior Dragons: Ages 8-12 years
- Activities like light kicking to disperse aggression
- Small group games with simple rules
- Strict limits on acceptable behavior
- Appoint helpers and leaders for each class to encourage leadership
- Teach skills in more detail with higher difficulty levels
- Contests and games that yield several winners
- Encourage responsible behavior and goal setting
- Provide opportunities for self-directed learning
Traditional Taekwondo: Adult
- Conditioning and stretching exercises in every class
- Self Defense as a part of the normal curriculum
- Complex kicking and hand techniques
- Taekwondo and martial arts philosophy
Total Endurance Fitness: Adult
- Less emphasis on traditional Taekwondo
- Uses martial arts elements for a more exciting physical workout
- Increase stamina and coordination
- Improve flexibility
- Weight loss and overall fitness
Personal Invitation Only
- For the top representatives of First Taekwondo and the Nevada Taekwondo Team. Ask about the Demo Team!
- High level Olympic Taekwondo Sparring and Poomsae Forms